Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Day Off From Unpacking


Today was the season opening of the Farmer's Market in downtown Ogden. We decided to take a day off from unpacking and check out the market. There were herbs, root vegetables, crafts, jellies, jams, baked goods, cheese and assorted other products for sale. This was also the opening of the Pioneer Days events so there were horses, a stagecoach (complete with a fake robbery!) and an antique tractor display. The market site is along the historic 25th street in Ogden. Many buildings date from the 1800's. Ogden was a "bad boy" town during the 1800's and early 1900's-apparently "too rough a city" for even Al Capone! It was a fun diversion from the boxes which continue to mock me but when I stick my tounge out at them they back off!

1 comment:

Marta Torres said...

Angie,

I'm so glad that your transition has been a smooth one (although the boxes might not think so). I only hope that mine will be just as smooth. I know exactly how you feel when you talk about the quietness, the beautiful stars in the skies and the wonderful neighbors. I, too, have met more neighbors here in Tennessee than I have in the years I've been in Florida. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Hopefully, when I visit Utah next summer, I can swing by and visit with you. Love, Marta Torres