Monday, September 15, 2008

.



Yes, it finally happened, Angie got a new car. Well, I guess you can't really call this a car. It is a 2009 Honda Pilot. It is humongeous-I really have a hard time parking and I am thinking that I need to go somewhere and practice! So, this is definitely a "snow-worthy" vehicle. It has 4WD and and all the good stuff inside the engine that Alex could explain to you but I don't have a clue what it means. The important thing is that it has XM Radio, lots of cup holders, lots of places to plug stuff in, storage, and the heater works! Whew-hoo! Cool stuff. It seats 8 people and can carry a ton of shopping bags. Of course I really wanted a red one but all they had was steel gray. I did not want to wait for something we were not even sure would come so there it is. It has Utah license plates so now I feel like a real Utahn. The inside is just beautiful. I love driving it - no one has driven it but me!

Oh yeah, so I am out in the yard the other day and I see that the leaves on the bushes are a really weird color. I am thinking that is strange because the trees in the backyard don't look so good either. "Oh no, has some kind of pest invaded our yard?" So, I ask the neighbor to look at the bushes to see if she can tell me if something is wrong. The neighbor laughs and says "we have this season here called fall - the leaves change colors, it happens every year!" I can't believe that I did not see that coming! It is in the 40s and 50s in the morning but still warms up nicely during the day. A sign of fall they say! If you look up in the mountains you can see some color already. I didn't expect any fall colors until later October-guess this is not the east coast!

Everyone is doing just fine. It is time for dessert, our favorite time of the day! Love to All! Angie

No comments: