Monday, July 21, 2008








These pictures are of the living room and the family room. The red couches are in the living room on the main floor of the house. The family room is huge and is located in the basement. The windows that line the family room are at ground level.

So, here is a weather update from Farr West. It has been incredibly hot this last few days with highs in the upper 90's. The temperature keeps flirting with the 80's but no long term luck yet. The humidity here is very low and so there is no melting of the makeup when you get in the car in the morning which is great, however, our skin is so dry that we can't get enough to drink or enough lotion to soothe our hands and feet! This morning, though, I woke up to very light sprinkles of rain. (I'm not sure you can call it that but the ground is wet from something other than the sprinklers!) The humidity is 69%, YES! I want to go stand outside and let the mositure pour over me and soak in!

We had a great Sunday just hanging out together. Everyone was home which just makes my day! We went to church, out to lunch, walking on 25th street, to the movies, home for dinner and then watched one of our favorite movies, "On Golden Pond" while eating brownies. I couldn't ask for a better way to spend the day.

The house is coming together little by little. We are missing a box which is a bummer because it has the glass shelving for one section of our wall unit and some nice glass pieces. Fortunately I brought everything that was not replaceable in the car with us. I'll call the truck driver today and see if he knows anything. All of the boxes are unpacked except for Sarah's since she was out of town last week. Today we will tackle her room and get things arranged. There is still a lot to do but it does feel great to have most of the house in order.

I love being home and taking care of my family and enjoying our time together. Bumper has to go back to school in just a few weeks so we will try to fit as much "fun" time in as possible before he leaves. I was offered a job at Washington Heights Baptist Church in a support position for the student ministries pastors. It will be quite different than FBCS on the stress level indicator and so I have decided to give it a try. I don't need to start until August and then I can work just a couple of days a week until I am ready to do a full-time schedule. They were very accommodating of the craziness that this move has been for our family and giving me time to settle in. I was not particularily in a hurry to get a job but there are only a couple of churches that are actually big enough to have a full time staff and I figured that if I wanted to stay in ministry work that I had better take the opportunity.

I love and miss you all! Thanks for your prayers, e-mails, responses to the blog, facebook messages and text messages. Thank goodness for the digital age or I would feel like I was in Siberia! Love, Angie

No comments: