Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello August




Well, I guess it has been a while since I took the time to update! It does not feel like we are on vacation anymore! I have been working some at the church, Chuck is working, Alex is working, Sarah is getting her classroom ready and Charles is chillin' before he goes back to school next week.

I got a vehicle finally! I love my new 4WD Honda Pilot. It is a "mondo" sized vehicle and just what we need for Utah! I sure hope gas prices go down here like in Florida!

Our latest Utah adventures include a visit to the Shooting Star Saloon (yes, I have been in Utah one month and I have been to my first "bar" ever!) Their hamburgers are apparently famous in these parts and it is the place to take visitors, which is why we were there. (Air Force guys) Oh yeah, they only serve hamburgers and chips - "nothing else - don't ask - this is not a restaurant"! The Shooting Star is the oldest saloon in Utah-whatever! The cool part was that it is located on the east side of the mountains so we went through Ogden canyon to get there. It was a great drive, especially in the new Pilot! I took Sarah, Bumper and Alex through the canyon on Saturday so that they could see it also. There is a great waterfall that you can stop and see along the way and a huge reservoir over there. There were people rock climbing along the road in the deepest part of the canyon - crazy I tell you!

Sunday evening we went over to Antelope Island. "Where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope play!" The island is in the Great Salt Lake which is a little south and west of Farr West. It was really neat to look back at the Wasatch Front and find the towns along the mountain range. We really did see antelope, deer and bison. The sun was setting as we drove back to the mainland which was beautiful. The bad part was that during the summer the lake REALLY STINKS! I don't think I have ever smelled anything so gross. We were laughing so hard and trying to keep out mouths shut-someone got some tissues and we all had our noses and mouths covered on the ride back.

We are planning to go hiking up at Snowbasin Ski Resort this weekend and the Weber County Fair is happening this week as well. Bumper goes back to school next week so we've got to do as much as we can before he leaves. He is so excited to go back to school and see his friends. I have enjoyed having everyone home and I sure hate to see it end. Everything is as it should be though - little boys must become men!

No comments: